12.02.2011

More Preparation!

We laughingly call any obstacle, challenge or trial, "preparation for what is to come". 
I have a dear friend who asked one of the kids, "If your mother refers to one more thing as "Preparation" don't you think you'll just puke?" The child slowly smiled and stayed silent...smart girl!
I realize that it's getting annoying to everyone around me, but I am so thankful that I am able to see these situations that feel difficult, with proper perspective.  Hebrews 2:13 tells of when Jesus said, "I will put my trust in Him, and again, behold, I and the children whom God has given me."  If Christ can make such a statement, I know that I, as one of those children He was referring to, can too!

Never more than now have I been thankful be living in Atlanta and not Montana.
Our heater has stopped working in this cute little house (which is in great need of an overhaul), so we have been without heat for 2 days!  Brrrrr!

We are so rarely truly hungry for food.  We are almost never truly thirsty for clean water.  We are not very often so uncomfortable that we have to cry out to the Lord for physical comfort. SO~ much to Holly's chagrin, I will say that waking up in a 52 degree house is certainly preparing us for something...

We attend a conference in Florida next week where we will be able to learn about the current events in global agricultural missions, and hear from people who are working in this arena from all around the world.  We are praying for divine appointments and open minds as we take in new information and fellowship with new friends!
The Christmas tree is up, the Christmas music is playing, and the Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer is being poured!!  Merry Christmas.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to hearing from you!