9.13.2011

Mt. Vernon


George and Martha with the cousins!
 We have family in Edgewater, MD and were able to spend several days with them.  They were excellent tour guides, playmates, swimming buddies and teachers on All-things-Chesapeake Bay!!
bad angle...sorry oxen!!
Mt. Vernon was beautiful.  The working farm aspect was my favorite!  There were oxen walking down the road as we were on our way up to the house...I LOVE oxen!  I love what they represent and how peaceful they appear, especially for 'beasts of burden!' They were wearing a hand-hewn yoke that was beautiful.  It is such a good visual for me to see 2 animals side-by-side in a yoke!  Matthew 11:29-30 says, Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
The 8 children on the porch of Mt Vernon!  13,13,12,11,9,7,5,4, and another due in December, not pictured!!

Living history at Mt Vernon , such a treat! This guy told us about what they were growing and why.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to hearing from you!