4.05.2013

Mon Singe

We are learning family members and other titles used in French.  I realized that I don't call my husband by his name, and in fact when I do, he is offended and thinks that I'm mad! 

Well, when I asked our French teacher what a loving name for your spouse is- we were surprised (and the kids were delighted) to learn that the French expression is "Mon Singe", which translates to My Monkey...
which I mis-pronounced Mont Singe, which translates to Mountain Monkey...

It made for a fun day of classes, which we were ready for after many hours of study and working to learn  a new language as a family. Together. All. Day. Long.








































 Aunt Lorie happened to be here visiting during the 'Monkey' lesson, and these slippers are the first of what I fear will be many monkey-themed treasures in our life!









































No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to hearing from you!