4.25.2013

Letting Go...still

I sold my kitchen table this week.  We have gathered around that table sharing meals, playing games and educating about history, math and life. 
Aaron sold his tile saw.  A contractor without his tools.  "That's the saw I learned to cut tile on..."  Jesse said.

We have been preparing for so many days, and still, saying goodbye to our treasures, our accumulations and our identity, in part, is difficult!

If I don't keep my eyes fixed firmly upon the Lord and His leading, I can get caught up in grief or disappointment.  But I know that God intends for me to experience the joy of trusting in an Almighty God. 
Do I trust God? 
~I trusted Him enough to get married young, knowing that with God at the center of our marriage, we would make it.
~I trusted Him enough to move away from my hometown and strike out new in Montana.
~I trusted Him enough to sell our home in Montana (the last, best place!) and say "YES" to missions.


...and still, today feels hard.  Not because of anything specific, but because I am walking forward in the unknown.  Tomorrow is not promised, and yet I still use a day planner.  Each day we wake, exercise, study French, share meals, study French, clean house, study French, pray, study French...

 The passtime of a child moving to Africa!


 "Do I have eyes to see His face in all things so I'm not merely dazzled by the trinket, glitzy bauble dangling for the ogling, till it flakes and breaks and I strain for more to lie prostrate before?" 
-Ann Voskamp in one thousand gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to hearing from you!